Re: [Vserver] Copy VServer

From: Lars Hallberg <lah_at_micropp.se>
Date: Thu 01 Dec 2005 - 21:37:42 GMT

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 06:50:56PM +0100, Lars Hallberg wrote:
>

>>Will they survive copying betwin host systems (migrating, backup)?
>>

>depends ...
>
>inode based backup tools will preserve the
>tagging (like dump/restore), other tools
>(like rsync or tar) have to be 'enhanced'
>to know about the xid tags.
>
>similar is true for barrier and immutable
>link inversion flags ...

Think I ignore tagging for start. To simplify backup/migrating. Only
going to run 5-10 pretty trusted Guest/Host. When everything nessacary
work, I might look in to it again (and then possably vserver have it's
new copy functionality).

Speeking of 'enhanced'... unify sems to have simmular bookkeping to
rsynk... Some pretty clever copy tool shuld be possable :-)

Thanks /LaH