Re: [Vserver] Copy VServer

From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy <grisha_at_ispol.com>
Date: Fri 02 Dec 2005 - 15:44:21 GMT

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Lars Hallberg wrote:

> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 06:50:56PM +0100, Lars Hallberg wrote:
>>
>> inode based backup tools will preserve the
>> tagging (like dump/restore), other tools
>> (like rsync or tar) have to be 'enhanced'
>> to know about the xid tags.
>>
>> similar is true for barrier and immutable
>> link inversion flags ...

As a sidenote, this may depend on the particular setup, but I've found
that when you use unification, backing up the xid tags/iunlink isn't
necessary becuase you can "deduce" what the flag/tag should be based on
checking whether the file is unified and where it is. E.g. if the file is
under /vservers/abc and is not unified (which you test by comparing the
inode of the same file in the reference server), then it belongs to the
'abc' server, so tag it appropriately. Of course you'll need to write a
script/program to do this :-)

Grisha