Re: [Vserver] Vservers and quotas

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Fri 06 Jan 2006 - 21:47:56 GMT

On Fri January 6 2006 14:19, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> no, the different taggings work equally well, it's
> unfortunate that there is no xid aware backup and
> restore tool, otherwise the transition could be
> seamless ...

Herbert,
Seamless backup and restore of xid between different
xid marking systems leads me to a dumb question:

Is there a flag or token indicating which tagging
system is in use? In the inode? In superblock?
In kernel?

Just point me in the right direction to the appropriate
source code - I will see if I can figure something out.
Most likely a tag<->text conversion such as used for
ACLs.

Mike