Re: [Vserver] Vservers and quotas

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri 06 Jan 2006 - 23:12:40 GMT

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:47:56PM -0600, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> On Fri January 6 2006 14:19, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> >
> > no, the different taggings work equally well, it's
> > unfortunate that there is no xid aware backup and
> > restore tool, otherwise the transition could be
> > seamless ...
> >
> Herbert,
> Seamless backup and restore of xid between different
> xid marking systems leads me to a dumb question:
>
> Is there a flag or token indicating which tagging
> system is in use? In the inode? In superblock?

no

> In kernel?

yes, the kernel (on 2.x) knows about the tagging
info and exports that information to userspace
(the testfs.sh scripts reports that)

this is the relevant code (bash):

INFO=(`sed 's/.*:\t//' /proc/virtual/info 2>/dev/null || echo '<none>'`)
case ${INFO[2]:1:1} in
  0) TAGI="none" ;;
  1) TAGI="uid16" ;;
  2) TAGI="gid16" ;;