[Vserver] Re: 2.6.16-rc1-vs2.1.0.9 latest test on parisc

From: micah <micah_at_riseup.net>
Date: Fri 03 Feb 2006 - 22:11:55 GMT

In gmane.linux.vserver, you wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 02:29:38PM -0500, Micah Anderson wrote:
>>
>> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>> >

>> > really depends on the dietlibc, but I'd assume it
>> > is _still_ broken on HPPA, nevertheless the glibc
>> > is _not_ a good alternative, although it _might_
>> > work for simple things.
>>
>> I guess we can find out when Joel sends results of tests?
>
> possible, well, testme and testfs will not
> detect the insecurities introduced by glibc

Ah, I meant we can find out if dietlibc is broken on HPPA or not. I
did not mean we can find out if glibc insecurities still exist.

>> > PS: I hope that dietlibc on hppa will be fixed soon.
>>
>> Have the issues on HPPA been brought to the dietlibc developers?
>
> yes, but AFAICT, they were ignored ...

I tried to google around for references to this to see if I could help
push these up, but didn't find anything. Sometimes all it takes is a
ping to the right place to get people to realise that they overlooked
something.

Micah