Re: [Vserver] vserver hosting on server4you.com

From: Matt Nuzum <matt.followers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 22 Feb 2006 - 21:28:51 GMT

On 2/22/06, Eric Jorgensen <jorgy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who has replied. Does anyone have any reason to believe
> that the service from the US company, server4you.com would be any different
> than the service from the German company?
>
> And if it matters, I'm looking for a dedicated host, not an individual
> vserver guest.
>
> Thanks again everyone.

Well, one mistake I made when deciding on a data center was to failing
to see if their service is used by spammers. When I signed up with
"Neutelligent" in the Tampa Bay are of Florida, USA I didn't check
this. At the time our servers were installed, several IP blocks were
black listed and our users could not send e-mail to some domains (such
as AOL). Fortunately, they had already enacted a policy to get abusers
off of their network and after a few months the IP Blocks were removed
from the DNSbl.

Anytime I consider a host in the future, I'm going to ask what their
policy on spammers is and check the dns black lists to see if they're
listed.

SERVER4YOU.COM has been blacklisted in the past. This means that you
should talk to a real person there and find out what their policy is
on dealing with spammers, if they have a guarantee that you will be
able to send mail (not spam) and what recourse you have if your IP
address/block gets black listed.

Their entry-level pricing is pretty good, however their prices quickly
jump up to be about the same as everyone else's (you can find $99/mo
hosting all over).

If I were looking for an entry level server and found that they have
(and enforce) a good no-spam policy I'd consider them.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt@followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"