Re: [Vserver] [x86] 2.6.16-vs2.0.2-rc13 works with FC5 (and FC4)

From: Wolfgang Hennerbichler <wogri_at_wogri.com>
Date: Thu 23 Mar 2006 - 17:23:17 GMT

On 23.03.2006, at 11:12, Guenther Fuchs wrote:

> Hi there,

Hi!

> on Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 10:27:02 AM there was posted:
>
> WH> I just patched 2.6.16, but unfortunately many many hunks failed.
> WH> Did you resolve them manually?
>
> Did you download and patch a vanilla or the Fedora supplied kernel? If
> you did use the Fedora one, this is the reason for the hunk failures.
> You should use a vanilla kernel from one of the kernel.org mirrors.

Well, I must have mistyped something, after I re-downloaded the patch
and applied it, everything worked fine. So well then, I was running
2.6.16 with vs2.0.2-rc13, but then one thing happened I couldn't
resolve: apache stopped working in cleartext when it had to load
images!!!

I know this sounds weird, but I can reproduce that. I can't use
apache to view images, I don't see any error messages (neither from
the kernel nor apache), I just get a delay, and then nothing (no html
content). If I view the same images in https, everything works fine.

Switched back to 2.6.14 apache served all images as known. Now is
THAT weird???

I guess I'm switching back to 2.4.30-grsec-vs as I used to have, that
thing was bombproof.

Seemed so beautiful, didn't work out as I expected :(

> --
> regards 'n greez,
>
> Guenther Fuchs
> (aka "muh" and "powerfox")