[Vserver] Ubuntu kernel and vserver

From: Michael Flaig <mflaig_at_pro-linux.de>
Date: Fri 24 Mar 2006 - 13:34:42 GMT

Hi,

i´m currently running ubuntu dapper on my powerbook.

The default ubuntu kernel works well. So I thought I´d use the ubuntu
kernel source and patch it with vserver...

the idea is, to have a debian sarge vserver for development testing on
my laptop and not installing and webserver or such things in ubuntu.

The Ubuntu kernel source package is somewhat patched. I´ve tried some
patches but I didn´t find the correct one´s. Ubuntu seems to have
2.6.15.5 currently in dapper but with some patches.

Does anybody know if there is a patch that applies correctly on the
ubuntu kernel source package from today´s dapper?
Or is there no hope because of the ubuntu patches?

Thanks for you help in advance.

        Michael

btw. ubuntu ships an kernel-patch-vserver package, but this patch
doesn't apply at all.

--
Michael Flaig <mflaig@pro-linux.de>
PROLinux