Re: [Vserver] vserver 2.0.2 patch for kernel 2.6.15.6

From: Gerald Hochegger <gerald.hochegger_at_uni-klu.ac.at>
Date: Thu 30 Mar 2006 - 22:38:29 BST

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:51:59AM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 12:08:29AM +0200, Gerald Hochegger wrote:

> > > is there any reason for not supporting the devel branch?
> > > (not that I have a problem with that, just curious)
> > >
> > I'll try to build vserver devel kernel packages after Dapper is
> > released and the Dapper+1 kernel (2.6.17rc..) appears.
> >
> > Till summer I don't have the time to track two branches.
>
> i.c. so the 'motto' for ubuntu folks will be:
> if you want features, build a vanilla kernel
> works for me!

ok - I'll try to package an ubuntu kernel with the vserver devel
patch also.

But I'm not able to upgrade the Ubuntu kernel with all Ubuntu
patches to 2.6.16 - I've to stick with the Ubuntu provided
2.6.15.6 kernel.

This leads back to the starting point of the thread. I need
vserver patches for vanilla kernel 2.6.15.6

I'll then provide the diffs to get the vanilla vserver patch
to compile and hopefully work on Ubuntu and create an Ubuntu
archive for easy installation/testing of the resulting debs.

Gerald