Re: [Vserver] problems shuting down vserver with the same IP of the host

From: eyck <eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl>
Date: Wed 05 Apr 2006 - 06:50:23 BST

> the point here is, if you tell the tools to create _and_
> remove the ip on startup and shutdown, they will do so.
 but I didn't tell the tools to create and especially remove anything...

> now for the syntax and/or changes to the config:
> 'dev' = eth0 definitely means: please create that ip
 why 'dev'= eth0, why eth0? is eth0 hardcoded? Does it mean anything?
Why 'dev', when it seems to mean something else, AND it used to mean
something else in previous versions.

> 'nodev' definitely means, don't create that ip
 Well, where is the option to 'create but not remove that ip'?

I can't believe you're arguing about this, this is a simple fix, and you're
arguing 'no, we did it like this, and it works like this, and although
noone expects it, it'a feature not a bug'.
 Common, people are using this, try not to hurt them too much.

--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
 Total Existance Failure