Re: [Vserver] UnionFS and VServer

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 17 Apr 2006 - 18:28:04 BST

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 04:18:36PM +0200, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was trying to compile UnionFS with a 2.6.16-vs2.0.2-rc16 Kernel. It failed
> because some (all?) vfs_* functions' signatures changed when applying the
> VServer patch. The patch added an additional argument of type 'struct
> nameidata *'.
>
> What is a clean way to resolve this problem?

pass the required nameidata/vfsmount to the vfs_*
functions, so that the BME stuff (ro --bind mounts)
can tell whether it is read only or not ...

> Ideally, unionfs should compile with a vanilla or a "vserver-kernel".

> Is there any define I can check to see, if the VServer patch has been
> applied?

CONFIG_VSERVER is always on when patched with the
Linux-VServer patches

> What would be the correct thing to pass to the vfs_* functions?

as I said, the corresponding vfsmount information
but for a quick and dirty hack you can pass NULL
there, but it will break the read-only bind mounts

HTH,
Herbert