Re: [Vserver] Problems with internal package management

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 08 May 2006 - 14:57:06 BST

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 01:13:53PM -0400, Fareha Shafique wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am unable to ping any outside host.
> I have named the vserver testvs,
> dev = eth0, ip = 192.168.0.10.
> resolv.conf contains:
> nameserver 192.168.0.10

on the host try:

        ping -I 192.168.0.10 www.google.com

if that fails, then your 192.168.0.10 IP is not
able to reach the outside (properly), which is
most likely related to the fact that it is a
private IP and not S/DNat-ed to your public one

> From inside the vserver I can ping the host, but not anything
> on the internet. I think something is wrong with the routing
> tables, any help please?

depends on your setup, once the ping above works,
the guest will be able to reach the internet, you
then might need to change the nameserver, unless
your guest knows all about the internet :)

HTH,
Herbert