[Vserver] Re: Basic Question

From: Fareha Shafique <fareha_at_eecg.toronto.edu>
Date: Mon 08 May 2006 - 18:30:45 BST

Thanks, its working now. But I'm not quite sure I understand the basic
infrastructure of vservers. The following is taken from the Short
Introduction, can someone please explain it to me:
"Resource sharing: Since vservers can share binaries and libraries
without interfering, a second vserver generally cost 40-100 megs of disk
space only. Most of this space is a copy of the packaging database.
Independent updates: Vservers are updated independently even if they
share binaries with other vservers."

Does this mean, that as I install programs (like sshd, and other
packages) on my vserver that are already installed on my host server,
the binaries will be shared?

Thanks in advance.
-FS