Re: [Vserver] vserver build docs, and vserver docs in general

From: Nikolay Kichukov <hijacker_at_oldum.net>
Date: Tue 16 May 2006 - 06:56:33 BST

Hi all,
I would totally agree with ADNET.

Full documentation is badly needed for that project.

I am sure, that a technical writer can be involved to follow up with
software updates and kernel patches and thus upgrade the documentation
accordingly.

Anyone may comment on that further? I consider that building complete
and thorough documentation at this stage is already a must. Many new
people are being attracted to the vserver project, and if it cannot
provide complete definitions for all it does, I consider that a pitfall.

However, I believe a documentation project will be started as soon as
the developers have some more free time on their hands.

Another possible idea is, developers to describe the changes in the new
versions and send them to the list, like what functionality has been
added, what new tools have been included/removed, etc, so someone can
modify already built documentation. But we will need complete
documentation on the first place to keep up with the updates later on.

Regards,
-nik

--
Когато сме щастливи, сме добри.
Но когато сме добри, не винаги сме щастливи...