[Vserver] Cant get Autofs working

From: peter <peter_at_chefpro.de>
Date: Tue 23 May 2006 - 14:27:17 BST

Hello all,

I have a problem with vserver.
Here my setup:

The Host is a small Home-Server for Internet Routing and Fileserver.

The Guest is a Desktop with running X and related (works very good).

Both running Debian Sarge.
Now I wanted to have all this nice removable usb devices
(usb-sticks,sdcard-reader,...) and floppy/cdrom to work.

On the Host I have setup autofs and this is running fine for the Host.
On the Guest side i configured fstab to rbind the autofs-folder.

Now the Problem:
If I cd into the binded folder from the Guest, I see all the possible drives
(because of the --ghost automounter option). If I cd into one of these the
drive get mounted on the Host. But I cannot see any Files in this Folder from
the Guest. In the Host all is working.

I searched the documentation and mailinglist and cant find any solution to
this.

Is there a fstab option I missed or a capabiltity or any other solution to
this? Maybe there is a better solution without fstab ?

Thanks, Peter Rustler

PS: Excuse my bad english.

My Setup:

My Configs on the Host (I think they are not the problem):

BEGIN /etc/auto.master
/media /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
END /etc/auto.master

BEGIN /etc/auto.misc
cd -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom
test1 -fstype=vfat :/dev/sdb1
test2 -fstype=vfat :/dev/sdc1
test3 -fstype=vfat :/dev/sdd1
END /etc/auto.misc

My Configs on the Guest (This could cause this all):

BEGIN /etc/vserver/XXX/fstab
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /tmp tmpfs size=128m,mode=1777 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/media /media none rbind 0 0
END /etc/vserver/XXX/fstab

Versions:
vserver -- version ----> gives me:
This program is part of util-vserver 0.30.209

Copyright (C) 2003,2004,2005 Enrico Scholz
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty.

cat /proc/version ----> gives me:
2.6.15.1-k7-scsi2940-vserver