Re: [Vserver] Cant get Autofs working

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue 23 May 2006 - 16:04:06 BST

On Tue, 23 May 2006 15:27:17 +0200
peter <peter@chefpro.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem with vserver.
> Here my setup:
>
> The Host is a small Home-Server for Internet Routing and Fileserver.
>
> The Guest is a Desktop with running X and related (works very good).
>
> Both running Debian Sarge.
> Now I wanted to have all this nice removable usb devices
> (usb-sticks,sdcard-reader,...) and floppy/cdrom to work.
>
> On the Host I have setup autofs and this is running fine for the Host.
> On the Guest side i configured fstab to rbind the autofs-folder.
>
> Now the Problem:
> If I cd into the binded folder from the Guest, I see all the possible
> drives (because of the --ghost automounter option). If I cd into one of
> these the drive get mounted on the Host. But I cannot see any Files in
> this Folder from the Guest. In the Host all is working.
>
> I searched the documentation and mailinglist and cant find any solution
> to this.
>
> Is there a fstab option I missed or a capabiltity or any other solution
> to this? Maybe there is a better solution without fstab ?

mount device for use by vserver:
    * vnamespace -e <vserver> mount /dev/loop /vservers/<vserver>/mnt/

reference:
http://deb.riseup.net/vserver/usage/#mounting_a_directory_from_one_vserver_into_another

how to integrate that into autofs is left as an exercise to the reader (as
i don't have a clue, not using autofs).

hth.

corey

--