Re: [Vserver] Cant get Autofs working

From: Laurent Vallar - aka Val <val_at_zbla.net>
Date: Tue 23 May 2006 - 16:36:22 BST

On Tue,May,23,2006, Corey Wright wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 15:27:17 +0200 peter <peter@chefpro.de> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > On the Host I have setup autofs and this is running fine for the Host.
> > On the Guest side i configured fstab to rbind the autofs-folder.
> >
> > Now the Problem:
> > If I cd into the binded folder from the Guest, I see all the possible
> > drives (because of the --ghost automounter option). If I cd into one of
> > these the drive get mounted on the Host. But I cannot see any Files in
> > this Folder from the Guest. In the Host all is working.
> > [...]
>
> mount device for use by vserver:
> * vnamespace -e <vserver> mount /dev/loop /vservers/<vserver>/mnt/
> [...]
> how to integrate that into autofs is left as an exercise to the reader (as
> i don't have a clue, not using autofs).
> [...]

Hi,

A good way to get autofs working inside a vserver from the main host:

/usr/sbin/vnamespace -e <guest_ctx> /usr/sbin/automount \
--pid-file=<automount_pid_file> --timeout=30 \
<vroot_dir>/<name>/<mount_point> file <map_file>

Where :
- guest_ctx is the guest context number
- automount_pid_file is a file used later to kill automount process
- vroot_dir is the base directory where all guests are located
- name is the guest name
- mount_point is the mount point :)
- map_file is a autofs map file (like /etc/auto.foo ...)

Regards,
Val.

--
 .''`.
: :' : Laurent Vallar - aka Val - Network & System Staff Engineer