Re: [Vserver] Host and guest compatability

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Wed 09 Aug 2006 - 07:17:08 BST

Hi there,

on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 9:46:04 PM there was posted:

JW> To what extent do the host and the guest have to be compatible?

Only to the kernel, no more, none else.

JW> # vserver fc5 start
JW> /usr/bin/env: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found
JW> (required by /usr/bin/env)

Don't know where this comes from, but it definately relates _only_ to
the guest.

JW> FC5 has glibc 2.4 whereas FC4 has glibc 2.3. Is that really the
JW> problem, or is the message a side-effect of some other problem?

It is definately an effect of a guest related problem, which does
_not_ relate to the hosts glibc.

JW> which is a procedure that has been successful with FC2 and FC4
JW> guests on FC4 hosts.

Here I'm only using the vserver build method I described in the HowTo
- that's working pretty fine.

Sorry for not having a direct solution but maybe my answer will help
you to find it.

--
regards 'n greez,
Guenther Fuchs