Re: [Vserver] Re: IP alias limitation

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 23 Aug 2006 - 22:27:03 BST

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:56:21PM -0700, Kathy Kost wrote:

> That would be a good thing. :-) But I still have my other question
> that I'm concerned about. If I have two guests with 10 aliases each,
> such that my root server sees 20 aliases, that still would send the
> entire server beyond the current 16 limit, correct? I guess it's sort
> of a dumb question, but I was somehow hoping that the root server
> would be immune, or somehow under different limitations.

the 'root' server is the so called 'host' and it
is not limited, so all those limitations do not
apply there, and just to clarify, having 10 guests
each with 10 ips asigned is perfectly fine and
will work with no measurable difference to a system
with 100 ips assigned (non Linux-VServer that is)

HTH,
Herbert