[Vserver] centos4.3 guest under Gentoo host

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Tue 29 Aug 2006 - 03:19:43 BST

I have it running however I see a few things which have me confused. I have
never run or experienced centos before this.

I got the template from http://lylix.net/vps+templates/func,fileinfo/id,14/

1. when running the basic system i see this in the process list.. 2 boots

[root@www4 ssh]# ps ax
  PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
    1 ? S 0:00 init boot
17957 ? Ss 0:00 init boot
17959 ? S 0:00 /bin/bash /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
17964 ? S 0:00 /sbin/initlog -r /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
18012 ? Ss 0:00 minilogd
18031 ? S 0:00 sulogin
18036 pts/4 S+
0:00 /usr/sbin/vcontext --silent --migrate --chroot --xid 39250 --uid
root --vlogin -- /bin/bash -login
18048 pts/3 Ss 0:00 /bin/bash -login
19977 pts/3 R+ 0:00 ps ax

2. when shutting down it times out with this message

A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it will
be killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. The following process list
might be useful for finding out the reason of this behavior:

16810 39250 www4 ? Ss 0:00 init boot
16811 39250 www4 ? Ss 0:00 \_ init boot
16813 39250 www4 ? S 0:00
\_ /bin/bash /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
16818 39250 www4 ? S 0:00
\_ /sbin/initlog -r /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
16881 39250 www4 ? S 0:00 \_ sulogin
16866 39250 www4 ? Ss 0:00 minilogd

The init style is plain in the /etc/vservers configuration for this www4
server.

I used the 'gentoo' instructions for installing templates using vserver-new
and then double checked all the settings. I am not sure of the init style
however. it starts without errors and appears to run properly. yum even
updates properly.

I am sure this is probably something very simple that I am not familiar with
on this distro.

--
Chuck