Re: [Vserver] centos4.3 guest under Gentoo host

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Tue 29 Aug 2006 - 11:02:50 BST

changed it to sysv but still timeout on minilog.. what is that. i dont load
any minilog. also, i entered the system and tried doing an init 0 to watch
it shut down and saw this error and no shutdown.

i suspect this is the culprit.

[root@www4 /]# init 0
init: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl

any ideas what i should do to fix this?

http://lylix.net/vps+templates/func,fileinfo/id,14/

> We also use centos 4.3 under gentoo, with a template we made. No problem
> like this here, only one init process and no "/bin/bash
> /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit"
>
> What the initstyle on your vserver ? sysv here.
>
> [root@supervision /]# ps ax|grep init
> PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
> 1 ? S 0:00 init [3]
> 16693 pts/2 S+ 0:00 grep init

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book