Re: [Vserver] reiserfs user quotas

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 06 Sep 2006 - 21:18:31 BST

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 08:43:16AM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> we use reiserfs v3 in each guest.
>
> each guest is its own partition using lvm to solve guest server total
> quota
>
> is there a way to manage user disk quotas separately within each
> guest?

yes, should work fine with the help of vroot
(you need one device per guest)

> if not is there a file system as good as reiserfs that will allow
> this?

I guess that depends on who you ask, some folks
believe that every filesystem is better than reiserfs,
others believe that reiserfs is better than anything
else .. the truth will be somewhere inbetween, I guess

HTH,
Herbert