Re: [Vserver] reiserfs user quotas

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Thu 07 Sep 2006 - 01:08:25 BST

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 16:18, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 08:43:16AM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> > we use reiserfs v3 in each guest.
> >
> > each guest is its own partition using lvm to solve guest server total
> > quota
> >
> > is there a way to manage user disk quotas separately within each
> > guest?
>
> yes, should work fine with the help of vroot
> (you need one device per guest)

ok will look into this.. im not sure i was completely clear on our setup..
each vserver has its own partition so its controlled by that for the server
itself.. what i want is from within webmin when we assign a user admin and
create a domain to be able to specify a quota of how much disk space that
website/user-admin can have and to be able to notify if they go over or even
go so far as to suspend operations on that particular domain... one vserver
guest may handle 40+ websites each with their own quotas. and we want to be
ble to select it within webmin/virtualmin rather than have yet another manual
operation if its possible.. i have no clue what they are doing to specify
quotas as i have literally no experience with them, but whatever they do must
be standard so i would like if possible for the guest system to respond
properly to their requests/checks/

i literally know as much about quotas as i do building cold fusion reactors :)

( in other words 0)

> > if not is there a file system as good as reiserfs that will allow
> > this?
>
> I guess that depends on who you ask, some folks
> believe that every filesystem is better than reiserfs,
> others believe that reiserfs is better than anything
> else .. the truth will be somewhere inbetween, I guess
>
> HTH,
> Herbert
>
> > --
> >
> > Chuck

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book