having a problem getting user quotas to work within a
32 bit centos4 guest template on a gentoo 2006.1 amd64 host. this is the
only guest i am trying this on for now.
i followed the guide with some mods due to apparent distro differences between
gentoo and debian at
starting with the vroot subtitle.
here are the steps i took:
1. did not make a vroot device since the deb example expects /dev/vroot/device
while my gentoo box already created /dev/vroot0 - 7 devices without the vroot
2. mounted the guest lvm partition
3. removed <guestpath>/dev/hdv1
3. vrsetup /dev/vroot0 /dev/vg0/<guestdevicename>
4. cp -fa /dev/vroot0 <guestpath>/dev/hdv1
5. installed quota_ctl inside the guest ccapabilities
6. started guest and entered it
7. ran quotacheck -maug. it returned nothing.
8. ran quotaon -a. it also returned nothing
9. ran edquota <username> and it bombed saying no quota capable filesystems
it appears to want a mount point which my entire guest is in one partition.
there is, however an "aquota.user" file in the guest root.
i am running reiserfs v3 and my host fstab has the option usrquota added in
for the guest partition.
quotas work on the host.
any clues what i did wrong or missed?
maybe some config option somewhere in centos i dont know to set?
-- Chuck _______________________________________________ Vserver mailing list Vserver@list.linux-vserver.org http://list.linux-vserver.org/mailman/listinfo/vserverReceived on Sun Oct 1 17:10:25 2006