[Vserver] Re: quota probs on centos4 guest with gentoo host

From: Nicolas Costes <nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr>
Date: Sun 01 Oct 2006 - 22:25:48 BST

Le Dimanche 1 Octobre 2006 18:09, Chuck a écrit :
> having a problem getting user quotas to work within a
> 32 bit centos4 guest template on a gentoo 2006.1 amd64 host. this is the
> only guest i am trying this on for now.
> i followed the guide with some mods due to apparent distro differences
> between gentoo and debian at
> [...]
> any clues what i did wrong or missed?
> maybe some config option somewhere in centos i dont know to set?

Seems that you forgot to write the following
in /etc/vservers/XX/apps/init/mtab :

/dev/vg0/<guestdevicename> /vservers/xx/mountpoint reiserfs quota,defaults 0 0

(not sure of the exact line, never used reiserfs, but you get the point : the
important thing is "quota"). Now, when starting your guest, it'll get
a /etc/mtab...

If this does not work, try this command inside the guest :
   # repquota /dev/hdv1

Should work with 2.0.2, but only by giving the device : 2.0.2 cannot resolve a
mountpoint for now. "repquota -a" should work too, but for example not
"repquota /home".

Which VS patch do you use ? It work for me with 2.0.2 (and a couple of rc
before it) an XFS, but not with devel !

HTH