Re: [Vserver] Localhost in vserver: short questions

From: Tomas Fasth <tomas_at_euronetics.se>
Date: Thu 19 Oct 2006 - 09:28:23 BST

Alexander Kabanov wrote:
> let me rephrase you question - do you want an isolated localhost IP
> address for each guest? Why would you need this?

To Minimize exposure by binding local services to a local interface?

Local interface is a simple and automatic security feature. Yes, you can block
public access with packet filtering, but that will add complexity and can not be
enabled by default.

Common examples of services which use local interface in their default
configuration: MySQL and Postfix.

Regards, Tomas