[Vserver] Mounting /vservers/vs, prepre-start script and namespace

From: Xavier Montagutelli <xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr>
Date: Tue 21 Nov 2006 - 08:48:51 GMT

Hello list,

I would like to execute a script before the vserver start. This script will be
in charge of mounting the /vservers/<vs> filesystem (ext3 on a cluster-LVM
logical volume).

I tried using a prepre-start.d script, but it seems this part is executed in
the vserver namespace (I don't use the 'nonamespace' feature). So the FS is
correctly mounted, but I would prefer it to be mounted in the host namespace.

Is there a way to achieve this with the current util-vserver release ? Or do I
have to implement a sort of preprepre-start feature ? Or did I miss
something ?

Note : I didn't try to use the fstab or fstab.remote mechanism, because I want
to implement a sort of locking in the mount script, to avoid mounting the
same vservers LV twice at the same time.

My goal is to have many physical servers accessing the same VG to be able to
mount the vservers directories (ext3 FS on different LVs) under one or the
other host (but not at the same time :-). The same /etc/vservers/ directory
will be mounted under all hosts with the OCFS2 filesystem.

Note 2 : "vnamespace -e 0 mount .... " doesn't work.

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95