Re: [Vserver] Mounting /vservers/vs, prepre-start script and namespace

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Tue 21 Nov 2006 - 13:06:18 GMT

Xavier Montagutelli wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I would like to execute a script before the vserver start. This script will be
> in charge of mounting the /vservers/<vs> filesystem (ext3 on a cluster-LVM
> logical volume).
>
> I tried using a prepre-start.d script, but it seems this part is executed in
> the vserver namespace (I don't use the 'nonamespace' feature). So the FS is
> correctly mounted, but I would prefer it to be mounted in the host namespace.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this with the current util-vserver release ? Or do I
> have to implement a sort of preprepre-start feature ? Or did I miss
> something ?

The namespace is created as one of the first steps of the process. The
vserver script executes itself within a new namespace before it has even
handed over control to the vserver.start script, and thus any such
scriptlets would have to be hacked into the main vserver script.

Also note that 0.30.211 does have an initialize script which is run
basically as soon as vserver.start is in control, but even then you're
in the guest's namespace.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412