Re: [Vserver] Bandwidth Monitoring

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 03 Jan 2007 - 06:02:52 GMT

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 10:21:31PM -0500, Adrien Laurent wrote:
> Hi and happy new year !
>
> I'd like to monitor bandwidth through snmp from the master server.
> When I hit ifconfig in the master I only get it's interfaces
> not the ones of the vservers.

easiest way is to setup an iptables accounting
rule for the 'involved' ips, and report that for
the snmp, if you do not care about the network
traffic, but about the netto payload, you can
also get that from /proc/virtual/<xid>/cvirt

> Is it possible to see the vserver interfaces from the master ?

there are no 'separate' interfaces for the guests,
they use the interfaces on the host, check with
a recent ip tool (from iproute2) like this:

ip addr ls

HTH,
Herbert