Re: [Vserver] anybody has experience for Vserver on ARM

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Wed 25 Apr 2007 - 13:29:11 BST

On Tue April 24 2007 10:21, Martin wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 07:58 -0400, Wenbin Zhang wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > FC6 has not been ported to ARM. I tried "-d fc6", that does not work.
> > But what should be used for "-d" option on ARM? Thank you very much!
> If I am correct then -d controls the distro of the guest that you are
> building. By default only the common few distros are supported, but I'm
> told that it's pretty simple to add support for others (check the Wiki /
> archives I'd guess). Of the top of my head I couldn't tell you which
> distros other than Debian have an ARM port.

I can verify that Debian/Etch runs just fine on my ARM machine, see:
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/

I have not checked or tried a vserver enabled kernel yet though -
still on my rather long to-do list.

But all of the usual distro software will just install and run.

Perhaps you could pop for one of these low cost machines* and build
native anything you want for your fone?

Mike
* your will want to add the console port and up the clock -
the only modifications I made to my off the shelf machine.
See links from the above url.