[Vserver] Localhost definition problem with Postfix/Amavisd-new

From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <sisdis_at_tournet.com.ar>
Date: Tue 15 May 2007 - 02:11:48 BST

Dear all,

Today I write to Herbert because I lost my mail account password, but
now I retrieve it....so I have a question to ask you. I have Debian Etch
with a vserver, having a base host and two vservers. One of these
vservers has a LDAP server with localhost mapped to a private
non-routable IP and it runs OK, and the other vserver has a mail server
using Postfix/Courier/Amavisd-new/Spamassassin/Clamav, where I map
localhost to 192.168.0.1 (another private non-routable IP).

But I can't put the mail server to work because the Postfix can't
establish a connection to the amavisd. Because of the variety of
components I suspect that amavisd-new, spamassassin or clamav are
hardcoded to 127.0.0.1, so I can't use a private non-routable IP as
localhost.

My question is: do you recommend to me to map localhost to 127.0.0.1 as
usual in my mail server (vserver) because some mail packages could be
hardcoded ??? Or is it OK to continue using localhost mapped to
192.168.0.1 defined as the localhost interface of my vserver ????

Thanking in advance,

Alejandro