[vserver] vs2.2.0.7 + GrSec : PHP Memory leak

From: Romain Riviere <romain.riviere_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 08:46:50 BST

Hello list,

I am running VServer 2.2.0.7 with Harry's GrSec/IPv6 patch, and I have
a nasty case of memory leak with all the versions of PHP I've tried.
The bug is reported at http://bugs.php.net/49501 and there is no other
system on which I can reproduce this.

The leak can be made obvious in CLI and CGI using the code pasted in
the bug report. Normal websites hosted on this machine have sent the
apache thread VSZ to 4GB+ on several occasions.

I'm obviously looking for help here :)
If you have a similar setup, I'd love to hear from you.
If you are familiar with the innards of GrSec/PaX, then maybe you can
make some sense out of this, and I'd love to hear from you too.

Many thanks,

Romain