Re: [vserver] test patch for 2.6.30.7

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 13:27:02 BST

Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 15:08 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 02:00:23PM +0200, Natanael Copa wrote:
>>

>>> Use dietlibc: no (you have been warned)

>> you have been warned :)
>>

> I know, i just don't believe that uclibc have the same issue. But I know
> for sure that my stack-smashin-protection does not work with dietlibc.

It's probably worth giving valgrind a look in on this (if you find
yourself bored with nothing to do...)

For example I was able to use an older dietlibc with gentoo's hardened
compiler, then I got a bunch of problems after upgrading to newer
vserver-utils (only), this was finally resolved by compiling the same
old dietlibc which had not caused problems previously with a vanilla
compiler (and also the utils themselves with vanilla). So it could
actually be something subtle in some specific dietlibc function which
wasn't being used previously and it might actually be a real bug?

Ed