Re: [vserver] Debian Support

From: Meik Sievertsen (new-data-services GmbH) <sievertsen_at_new-data-services.de>
Date: Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 15:56:53 BST

ADNET Ghislain wrote:

>> For us as well - we only use Debian and if there will be no longer
>> linux-vserver support we will simply use a different product.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Meik.
> you mean switch from debian to another distribution :)

Of course not. :) Maybe switch to Xen. ;) We do not want to compile the
kernel, nor do we want to invest hours (even if only one or two) on each
kernel update. The work required to switch from linux-vserver to Xen for
example may be high at first glance, but having the time required for
kernel updates in mind let the math work. ;)

And yes, i know your comment was meant to be ironic. :P

Regards,
Meik.