Re: [vserver] Debian Support

From: ADNET Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 17:02:30 BST

> Of course not. :) Maybe switch to Xen. ;) We do not want to compile
> the kernel, nor do we want to invest hours (even if only one or two)
> on each kernel update. The work required to switch from linux-vserver
> to Xen for example may be high at first glance, but having the time
> required for kernel updates in mind let the math work. ;)

this is really not the case. Debian offers all the tools to build your
kernel from the source in a few minutes and as soon as i have some time
i will also post on the wiki an how to to build easely a util-vserver
tool package with daniel sources. If i find a way to link with someone
with a debian repository and a way to cross build for various debian
version we perhaps have a solution for those who like you do not want to
do the kernel dance (for info the kernel build is like 10 line of shell
to get a package done the utils are harder).

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain