Re: [vserver] Too many network devices inside guest?

From: Mathieu Goessens <gebura_at_poolp.org>
Date: Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 01:50:38 GMT

Hello,

Gerhard Mehsel wrote:

> > please avoid the 2.6.26 kernels, they are known-to-be-broken
> In which way are they broken? Do I have an alternative? I'm using the
> linux-image-2.6.26-1-vserver-686 as it is the Lenny standard vserver
> kernel after a fresh installation.

http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_Debian#Issues_with_the_current_2.6.26_Kernel

You can build your own kernel. It should be very easy, if you use
debian's .config ( http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/ ) and make-kpkg (to
build a .deb with your kernel).
You can also use some packages, like http://kernels.bristolwireless.net/
ones for example.

Don't forget to fix the barrier flags after the upgrade.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Goessens
IT consultant.