Re: [vserver] Experimental patches

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 12:41:16 GMT

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 01:48:19AM +0100, Roberto wrote:
> Hi Herbert,

> >>the hostname in the prompt is now correct, but I continue to face
> >>problems when I try to top the guest.

> >if it was newly created by the old util-vserver, you
> >might want to create one with the new tools,

> this is what I did, but errors occurred while executing the
> rc script.

most likely, because the guest was not properly cleaned
up (because it was created with the old util-vserver)

> Is there a way to log these errors?

I presume they are logged when you stop the guest no?

> >or at least run the post-install scripts ...

> if you mean your script at
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/SCRIPT/testme.sh
> all tests succeded.

good to hear, but no, I meant the post distro install
scripts which are usually executed after a guest was
installed (from the new util-vserver)