[vserver] Lockup with unionfs / drbd

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Sat 29 May 2010 - 02:16:48 BST

Hi Folks,

I moved from an old 2.6.22 to a recent kernel last week and now I am
seeing a lockup issue.

My setup is a bit complex: the guest root is build from common a
read-only root-partiton (basic partition) + guests data (drbd-device),
joined with unionfs.

Problem: The unionfs is merged by a prepre-start script, so it is only
visible in the guest context. After the guest is stopped, I am unable to
free the drbd device ("device is held open by someone"). Using drbd
without unionfs works, assembling the unionfs outside the vserver also
works.

The new kernel is 2.6.33.4 with recent vServer experimental patchset and
(another variant) of unionfs
(http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html).
I ran the same setup using "aufs2" with a 2.6.22-vs-2.2.0.7 for several
years now without major problems.

Anybody has some ideas or a working setup with other tools?

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!
PGP-Key: 3B2C 8095 A7DF 8BB5 2CFF  8168 CAB7 B0DD 3985 1721