Re: [vserver] running vservers from different locations

From: Jeff Jansen <jeff.jansen_at_kkoncepts.net>
Date: Mon 02 Aug 2010 - 04:35:38 BST

Dear Herbert,

Thank you very much for the extremely helpful reply. It cleared up many
misconceptions on my part. :-)

Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote on 2010-Aug-01:
> you mount the lvm, and do
> setattr --barrier /vservers/mail/..

So can I put this command into "/etc/vservers/mail/scripts/initialize" and it
will happen early enough, or does the 'setattr' command need to be run even
before I run "vserver mail start"?

> note that you can mount inside the guest configs fstab and
> do not 'need' to mount the lvm _brefore_ starting the guest

That is an excellent idea, thank you. I hadn't thought of that, but it's
definitely the way to do this.

Jeff Jansen