Re: [vserver] Possible Hashify Corruption - Update 2

From: Martin Fick <mogulguy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:41:23 BST

--- On Wed, 10/20/10, Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> wrote:
> You're most welcome. It'd be interesting to find out at
> what kernel version this issue went away. Everything before that should
> be marked as dangerous, at least with ext4.

I think that generally older kernels with ext4 are considered dangerous. First google link for ext4 data corruption:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ext4#Data_Corruption

Of course, going back in time and marking old kernels dangerous would be kinda hard. :)

>From the article:

"For kernel versions earlier than 2.6.30, consider adding bootflags=data=ordered"

-Martin