Re: [vserver] Possible Hashify Corruption - Update 2

From: Art -kwaak- van Breemen <ard_at_telegraafnet.nl>
Date: Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 10:58:19 BST

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 01:41:23PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> I think that generally older kernels with ext4 are considered dangerous. First google link for ext4 data corruption:
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ext4#Data_Corruption

You know that you link to a page that says there is no ext4 data
corruption? The only way of "corruption" ext4 exhibits, is when
the kernels dies hard, and applications *do not* conform to
posix. (Better, most of those desktop environments seem to be
very badly written).
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Ext4-data-loss-explanations-and-workarounds-740671.html

So any ext4 corruption you can find has to do with bad
applications combined with a hard reboot, there is no real
corruption going on in the filesystem.