Re: [vserver] Re: Linux source address selection vs. EUI-64

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Tue 16 Nov 2010 - 00:55:21 GMT

> I agree with you that if every human gets a /32 we won't get very far,

But that's the issue - at the moment every human gets at least multiple
/64s. OK, this is still a very big number, but in practice we are
talking about allocating /56s to real humans who ask nicely and /32s to
those who ask "very nicely". It's still a long way from allocating
/128s (which you might imagine we are allocating given that we hand out
/32s today)

It's really not hard to imagine thing going wrong either because of
routing tables not being large enough or allocations being too large....

Tough call really...

Ed W