Re: [vserver] Bad Linux-Vserver (CentOS) kernel?

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Wed 23 Mar 2011 - 14:34:46 GMT

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Was there a problem with the kernel
>> .6.32-44.2.el5.vs2.3.0.36.29.4.1.i686 from Daniel's CentOS repo?
>
> .1 didn't generate the initrd correctly, but that was fixed in .2.

That was what I figured. I didn't mention all the checking /testing I
did do.

<snip />

> But since these are released and in better shape generally, I don't
> see why you wouldn't go for them.

Didn't want to take another day and make another trip if the problem was
me. The system I tried on had some custom modules compiled so I wanted
check that the problem wasn't one of them. (Those custom modules are
going away so they won't be an issue any more.)

Oh yeah I will be going for the newest/latest next time I'm over there.
  I'd do it remotely but they run some critical services so I like to be
there during the reboot in case I need to fall back to the older kernel.

Thanks,
Rod