Re: [vserver] Suse112 as vserver: Could not start D-Bus. Can you call qdbus?

From: Art -kwaak- van Breemen <ard_at_telegraafnet.nl>
Date: Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 12:17:58 GMT

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:33:43PM +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:22:43PM +0100, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> > I've set up in Suse-Yast, that XDM not starts X11, X11 should not
> > run in the vserver, only KDM. X is taken from the clients.
> > Clients are Suse, Debian with XFCE, Xming under Windows, etc.
>
> you're aware that xdm/gdm/kdm require an X11 to display
> on, so they 'normally' start one (or a number of them)
> read: I have no clue what you plan to do :)

I would start with just getting xdm to run. The biggest problem I
see here is yast. Yast is a complete waiste of having config
files: if you fix a config file, it will happily overwrite it
with something it sees fit to bother you with.
So:
Use xdm as the XDMCP handler. Play with yast until
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers contains no x-servers anymore, and until
the resources of xdm do not contain:
DisplayManager.requestPort: 0
On debian it's /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config.
You can check if that works by lsof the xdm and see if it
listens.

If you are that far, then you have succeeded into making yast
clear you want to do xdmcp and no local xservers, now you can try
to select another display manager :-).

If there is any way to be able to not use yast, than try it, but
my experience is that it's hard.

Regards,
Ard