Re: [vserver] NFS shares or iSCSI

From: PÁSZTOR György <pasztor_at_linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu>
Date: Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 14:38:56 GMT

Hi,

"Eugen Leitl" <eugen@leitl.org> írta 2011-12-12 14:51-kor:
> I think I'll go with an NFS. I have some 3 consumer NAS
> which export NFS as well, and I haven't done iSCSI yet
> so NFS is definitely simpler to deploy.

Disable sun's original iscsi implementation, install comstar packages,
than:

#Create a target portal group, for those interface, where you want to
#service those blockdevs:

itadm create-tpg ge ip_of_if

#Create a target, which will contain the lun's:

itadm create-target -n iqn.1986-03.sun.com:02:vps -l vps -t ge

#Create a target group, where the lun will be available:

stmfadm create-tg vps

# put the target offline, so we can add it to the target group

stmfadm offline-target iqn.1986-03.sun.com:02:vps

# add the target to it's target group

stmfadm add-tg-member -g vps iqn.1986-03.sun.com:02:vps

### If those are done, than you can create vols, lu-s, and luns:

# Create a vol to share

zfs create -V 10G tank/vpsdisk0

# Create a lu

stmfadm create-lu /dev/zvol/rdsk/tank/vpsdisk0
\Logical unit created: F7C414600000001

# Than you have your lu, to show in your tg:

stmfadm add-view -t vps F7C414600000001

That's all. Just try it some time and you will find your best practices
when to crate target portal groups, target groups, targets, lu's.
That's the hardest part to understand. The documentation show the others!
;-)

Cheers,
György Pásztor