Re: [vserver] /proc/net/dev missing when networknamespaces are active

From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 13:59:11 BST

Well, it seems not to have to do with proc-unhiding at all, it seems to

> be an issue with netns as such. Unfortunately I need netns to enable my

I do not think the problem with netns though. Why lxc tool works - means
inside lxc CT /proc/net/dev appear normally including all networking tools
such as ifconfig, route, etc.. .

In fact I migrate some vserver to use lxc and all networking functionality
there works fine. I miss the more fine tune permission vserver offer, such
as I do not need to drop sys_admin but still allow mount fuse based to work
on vserver, but with lxc I have to give fille sys_admin in order for it to
work (of course usr root in CT can remount with rw for sysfs for example
will be nightmare :-)

Other than that all good with lxc .

--
Steve Kieu