Re: [vserver] Problem with sudo inside Squeeze Guest

From: Markus Fischer <markus_at_fischer.name>
Date: Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 07:52:47 BST

On 18.07.2012 16:35, Adrian Reyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 04:03:56PM +0200, Markus Fischer wrote:
>> I see this problem on machines with older Debian Lenny machines as well
>> as Squeeze on the host system too:
>
> It might have to do with dns resovlving. Make sure your vserver is
> resolveable forward/backward, /etc/hosts is the minimum.

Thanks, I did the following to verify that it works:

resolve the vservers name from the host and from another machine in the
lan -> works

resolve the vservers name from inside itself -> works

Afaics, /etc/resolv.conf is properly set up.

The weird thing is, I'm seeing this on different guest vservers on two
different host machines (i.e. different hardware and different kernels).

thanks,
- Markus