Re: [vserver] Crash on "Watchdog detected hard LOCKUP on cpu X" after upgrade to 3.2.x

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Thu 07 Mar 2013 - 15:02:50 GMT

Quoting Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>:

> hi Roman,
>
> I have no solution nor insigth on your issue but...
>
> 3.2 was a nightmare for us and i really recommend you to switch to
> 3.4 that is also long term because 3.2 is red flag for us.
>
> I have had the whole 3.2 versions from .4 i think to .24 and my
> nightmares stopped only when i switched to 3.4.
>
> regards,
> Ghislain.

I wonder what's going on here, I've never had any trouble with any of
my builds of the 3.2 kernels.

I'd particularly like to know what the bugs are and how they manifest,
as I have deployed 3.2 on many servers and hope to keep deploying.

We've run this kernel on Dell, HP and some desktop hardware with no
issues so far. What are the differences in build environment and
config do we think?

Cheers,
Ben