Re: [vserver] Vserver on gentoo and udev

From: Neo Futur <neofutur_at_ww7.be>
Date: Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 23:59:05 GMT

> Thanks for the info, Oliver! I will try that on a non-critical server if I
> may find one :)
> I must read about the udev-persistent rules first as I have changed them
> (for bonding purposes).

 also dont forget you will need the "Maintain a devtmpfs filesystem to
mount at /dev " support in your kernel ( CONFIG_DEVTMPFS ) for the
new udev to work
 not sure Automount devtmpfs at /dev, after the kernel mounted the
rootfs (NEW) is also mandatory, but I also add it (
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT )

 and gentoo is not really at fault here, udev is . . .

--
Cordialement