Re: [vserver] OpenVPN Client

From: Adrian Reyer <are_at_lihas.de>
Date: Wed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:06:10 BST

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:52:49AM +0100, UxBoD wrote:
> am testing our some different vserver configurations and one which I am struggling with is running an OpenVPN client within a guest. The VPN connection is successfully established but when it tries to push the route it fails with:

I strongly advise against using OpenVPN-Clients or anything that changes
network or firewall within a VServer. To be successfull you need to giv
the guest as many capabilities, you can as well just start it on the
host. Remember, the guest has no networking on its own, if you start the
openvpn client there, you still route the whole host.

> Any thoughts on how to resolve this please ?

http://linux-vserver.org/OpenVPN
However, I still recommend running OpenVPN on the host.

Regards,
        Adrian

--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91